Venture Capital has become a mature asset class. In 2018, VC investments hit a record $250+ billion worldwide, according to KPMG. As successful startups remain private longer, valuations soar, and mega-funds multiply, there has never been so much interest in venture capital.
Yet, a surprisingly low number of people really understand how venture capital really works, whether it’s the right career path or funding source for them, and what tools venture capitalists use.
Our course titled “Become A Venture Capitalist” helps you make sense of venture capital. You will learn the latest trends in VC investing, become familiar with how VC firms work from the inside, and determine whether VC is for you — as a job, or as a financing source.
Unit 1 – Introduction
In this unit you will:
- Understand what type of startups venture capital really funds
- Become familiar with the venture capital cycle, and learn what VCs do on a daily basis
- Hear the best in the biz explain how they bring value to companies they invest in
Unit to be released in July 2019. Apply here to be invited to do it first.
- What Is (Really) Venture Capital?
- Go Further: Scalability
- The Venture Capital Cycle
- Let's See Where You Stand!
- What Do VCs Do?
- Illustrations from Famous VCs
- Go Further: Product-Market Fit
- VC Recap and Trends
- Go Further: Network Effects
- Do VCs Really Add Value?
- How About Less VC?
- What We Will Cover In This Course
- Unit 1 Wrap Up and Quiz